Teacher: Lisa Puckett
Age of Students: 15 and up
Class Fee: $5
Length: 2 Semesters
Prerequisites: Students must have successfully completed Algebra 1. Please feel free to discuss with me your child’s readiness for the algebraic skills required in Chemistry.
Following the Apologia curriculum, this class will study elements and compounds and their interaction under varying conditions, such as temperature and pressure. The two hour time block allows time to work practice problems as well as to complete each lab in the textbook. Students will be provided a syllabus with reading and practice problem assignments. They will also keep a lab notebook to record their observations and conclusions for each lab.
Approximately 3-4 hours per week
- Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 2nd Edition
- Solutions and Tests for Exploring Creation with Chemistry
- Laboratory Equipment Set (You may order lab kits from anywhere, but Nature’s Workshop Plus provides lab kits with all the necessary supplies. Here is their website: http://www.workshopplus.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=896&idcategory=313
- Household items (such as measuring cups or tape measure)
- Composition notebook
- Scientific calculator (does not need to be a graphing calculator)