Teacher: Debbie Mosley
Age of Students: 13-15
Class Fee: $20
Length: 2 Semesters
Prerequisites: General Science
Class Capacity: 12
Recommended as the last science course before taking High School Biology, typically for 8th or 9th grade students. Topics to be covered are atoms and molecules, humidity, atmosphere, hydrological cycle, the structure of the earth, electrolysis, weather, physics of motion, Newton’s Laws, gravity, magnetism, and electricity.
Class time will be spent doing experiments and writing brief lab write-ups. Outside of class the students will need to:
- Read modules
- Complete the On Your Own (OYO) questions – to be checked in class.
- Finish any lab write-ups not completed in class.
- Complete the Study Guide questions
- Module Tests, and Quarterly Tests – to be turned in during class time. (NOTE: Quarterly Tests are Optional)
- Module Summaries are optional – but they can be turned in to be checked in class.
- Exploring Creation through Physical Science, 2nd Edition;
- Solution Manual with Tests;
- Lab Notebook * (may use Apologia student notebook or a simple composition notebook will do)
- pencil and calculator
There will be one extra class outside Co-op in early August (Science Meeting Orientation- we will perform our first experiment after the meeting)
Also, there are some math equations involved in the course: unit conversions, speed, acceleration, distance